Full Time Seasonal Collections/Meter Reader
Enjoy working Outdoors?
Utility service provider looking for a Full Time Seasonal Collector/Meter Reader to start ASAP. Outdoor work, physically demanding. Training and uniforms provided. Must have reliable vehicle. If hired, need to provide a clean Criminal Background Check and clean Drivers Abstract.
Job Duties Include:
- Carry out and adhere to all Olameter Collections processes at all times.
- Accept and complete all daily meter reading assignments/tasks, as deemed reasonable, by Olameter RFM or associated on-site management personnel.
- Upload/download daily route/work assignments (i.e. of handheld data-capture devices) as required to accommodate the Utility’s schedule (if applicable).
- Adhere to all safety related programs/procedures to ensure a safe working environment for all employees.
- Act in a professional, courteous manner at all times, while exercising common sense.
- Maintain an acceptable level of personal hygiene and be well groomed (i.e. clean uniform, clean shaven and/or neatly trimmed beards/moustache, etc.) at all times.
- Maintain and adhere to all required Olameter written procedures/check lists to ensure efficient, accurate and timely service maintenance.
- Report field hazards/problems and add efficiencies to enhance the quality of services.
- Update and maintain all available handheld fields as required to enhance and ensure Olameter’s quality and quantity of associated services (i.e. notes, meter location, etc.).
- Comply with company procedures/policies pertaining to the use and care of all Olameter/Utility issued equipment and/or property.
- Communicate on a weekly basis, all data as required for timely/accurate payroll/customer invoicing to Olameter ’s head office, utilizing applicable Olameter provided format(s).
- Communicate all issues and concerns directly to the RFM, or associated on-site management personnel, in a timely fashion. Communication with the Utility must be limited to issues as directly related to daily assignments/tasks (i.e. reporting of safety concerns, potential power diversion, can’t read issues, etc.).
- Use and care of all PPE supplied by Olameter reporting any loss or damage of PPE to the RFM
- EUSA and standard First Aid/CPR A certified
- Physically fit with the ability to walk long distances (15-20 kms.) in order to fulfill the daily duties of the job.
- Reliable vehicle, a valid driver’s licence with current vehicle insurance.
- Ability to provide a clean Driver’s Abstract and Criminal Background Check (CBC).
- General computer knowledge.
- Good hand-eye coordination.
- Proven customer relation skills.
- High school graduate
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to: